Due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding COVID-19, CHS is teleworking and will be unable to uphold the usual level of service. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time.
The following services are operational:
The following services are delayed, and slower responses than normal can be expected:
- CHSInfo – emails are being monitored and responded to, but not all services are available.
- Data licensing – requests for CHS Intellectual Property are being monitored, but we are unable to fulfill all requests at this time. Please continue to submit requests through the online application form.
The following services were put on hold and will not be available until further notice:
- Notices to Mariners (NOTMAR)
- Paper Charts and Nautical Publications Distribution
- Paper Chart Updates
- Raster Navigational Chart (RNC – BSB) updates
Services and information
Buy nautical charts and publications, view replaced and withdrawn charts, download commemorative and sample charts.
Free 100m resolution bathymetry, learn about surveys and data, and contribute to the development of S-100 applications and software.
Available copyright agreements, royalty rates, and authorized manufacturers for charts, data, and publications for non-navigational use.
The Canadian Arctic stretches across northern Canada, from the Beaufort Sea east to Baffin Bay and southwards to 60° north latitude.
Frequently asked questions and contact information for the Canadian Hydrographic Service.
Learn about hydrography.
What we are doing
- Canadian Hydrographic Service - Chart Index
- Canadian Hydrographic Service Non-Navigational (NONNA-100) Bathymetric Data
- Natural Resource Maps
- S57 Individual Electronic Navigation Chart Limits
- Chart 1 - Symbols, Abbreviations and Terms
- Canadian Tide and Current Tables
- Chart Catalogues
- Sailing Directions
- Automated Hydrographic Surface Vehicles
- Channel Survey and Sounding Vessels
- The Science of Hydrography
- UNCLOS and the Canadian Hydrographic Service
Canadian Tide and Current Tables
Access table, graphic and text formats for over 700 stations in Canada to navigate our waters safely.
Download Sailing Directions today
Discover free, downloadable Sailing Directions or purchase the booklet as an indispensable companion to nautical charts before sailing.
Undersea feature map
Explore our interactive map of the geographic wonders found below the surface of Canada’s waters.
- Date modified: