COVID-19 Notice (Updated: 2020-04-08)
Due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding COVID-19, CHS is teleworking and will be unable to uphold the usual level of service. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time.
The following services are operational:
- Canadian Hydrographic Service Digital Charts® Updates (ENC and BSB)
- Digital nautical publications are up to date and available to download for free - including the Canadian Tide and Current Tables, Chart Catalogues, Chart 1, Sailing Directions, and more
- Notices to Mariners (NOTMAR) - Section 2 and 4 Notices are being produced
- Notices to Shipping / Navigational Warnings
- Tidal website
- Tidal web data services
- Water Levels at Your Fingertips (Servox: tidal information via telephone)
The following services are delayed, and slower responses than normal can be expected:
- CHSInfo – emails are being monitored and responded to, but not all services are available.
- Data licensing – requests for CHS Intellectual Property are being monitored, but we are unable to fulfill all requests at this time. Please continue to submit requests through the online application form
- Paper chart distribution – see below for a list for authorized POD dealers that are able to process chart orders
The following services were put on hold and will not be available until further notice:
- Paper nautical publications distribution - most of our nautical publications are available digitally and can be downloaded from our website.
If you have an urgent order at this time, please place it directly with one of our Print On Demand (POD) Dealers. See below for a list of POD Dealers who are able to print CHS nautical charts. Visit the Find a dealer page for their contact information.
Services and information
Buy nautical charts and publications, view replaced and withdrawn charts, download commemorative and sample charts.
Free 100m resolution bathymetry, learn about surveys and data, and contribute to the development of S-100 applications and software.
Available copyright agreements, royalty rates, and authorized manufacturers for charts, data, and publications for non-navigational use.
The Canadian Arctic stretches across northern Canada, from the Beaufort Sea east to Baffin Bay and southwards to 60° north latitude.
Frequently asked questions and contact information for the Canadian Hydrographic Service.
Learn about hydrography.
What we are doing
- Canadian Hydrographic Service - Chart Index
- Canadian Hydrographic Service Non-Navigational (NONNA-100) Bathymetric Data
- Natural Resource Maps
- S57 Individual Electronic Navigation Chart Limits
- Chart 1 - Symbols, Abbreviations and Terms
- Canadian Tide and Current Tables
- Chart Catalogues
- Sailing Directions
- Automated Hydrographic Surface Vehicles
- Channel Survey and Sounding Vessels
- The Science of Hydrography
- UNCLOS and the Canadian Hydrographic Service
Canadian Tide and Current Tables
Access table, graphic and text formats for over 700 stations in Canada to navigate our waters safely.
Download Sailing Directions today
Discover free, downloadable Sailing Directions or purchase the booklet as an indispensable companion to nautical charts before sailing.
Undersea feature map
Explore our interactive map of the geographic wonders found below the surface of Canada’s waters.
- Date modified: